Disable digital signature verifications on Windows Server 2008
Hi all, I have installed a new VMware server, running on Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition on Service Pack 1 and encountered the error during starting up the VMware services. "The VMware Authorization Service depends on VMware vmx86 service failed to start because of the following error: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from unknown source" I have run the bcdedit command to disable the integrity check and reboot the server but the error still persists. Would it be possible that the integrity check Windows Server 2008 cannot be disabled? Is there anybody encountered this error before? Appreciate your reply.
July 7th, 2009 7:32am

Hi, In this case, I suggest that you contact VMware to troubleshoot the issue. It is not recommended to disable Driver Signature Enforcement for security reason. For you convenience, Ive included the link of the WMware website: http://communities.vmware.com/home.jspa Thank you for your understanding.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 9th, 2009 9:42am

Hi Jason, Thanks for the reply. My problem was solved after re-installed latest version of VMware Server v2.01. Previously installed was v1.06. -Cheers.
July 18th, 2009 12:14pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics