Disable Logoff Message Status
Hi....I have the next situation, we have ours servers on windows 2008, and on those servers we run xenapp 5, and the users acces to their application accross citrix; everything works great, it opened without a problem, they works perfectly , but when they closestheir applications it display a windows logging of like if i was connected to a terminal.How can i remove or disable that message status of logging of when the users closes their application from citrix????i have been search this in other forums, but theres a policy that apply this, but that policy only applies to win 2000,XP,2003 ; it doesnt apply to windows 2008.If i apply this policy on other server with 2003 , that policy works great but in windows 2008 doesnt works.Can anyone help me to find this solution , i have about 2 months from searching this....tanks!!!!
October 17th, 2008 8:16pm

Hi, It seems that you hit a known issue on Windows Server 2008. Unfortunately, I am sorry to say that we are not able to remove the status messages in Windows Server 2008 currently. We received some customers request on removing the log off message. Unfortunately, as the modification has a large architectural impact to LogonUI, we have not implemented the design change request. Microsoft product team is considering to add this feature in the next version of Windows operating system. Thank you for your understanding.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 21st, 2008 12:58pm

Joson,Thank you for the inside information on the logoff screen in 2008 server. Consider this post another customer request to remove this 'feature'. Maybe service pack 1 will have a 'fix'? Please?
February 26th, 2009 8:00am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics