Dimension multi-select available in Excel (Pivot Table), but not in SSRS (Query Designer)

I'm trying to replicate some SSAS data from an Excel Pivot Table over to a SSRS report. However, one of the dimensions enables using multiselection in Excel, but not in SSRS... here are some pictures to illustrate:

Filter Selection in Excel:

And here is the Filter Selection in SSRS:

This seems to be the only SSAS dimension that has this issue, which makes me think it is due to something specific to the dimension... rather than an EXCEL or SSRS setting.

Appreciate all help and insights.

Thanks.

September 3rd, 2015 9:25pm

So you have to enable multi-select for that parameter in the report. This is set per parameter in a report and is not something that can be influence from the cube side of things.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 4th, 2015 1:08am

So you have to enable multi-select for that parameter in the report. This is set per parameter in a report and is not something that can be influence from the cube side
September 4th, 2015 2:03am

OK, so I have resolved this by changing my filter in the Query Designer over to an MDX filter. This allows you to use an MDX statement to return the exact members you wish filter by.
  • Marked as answer by ScottKaysee 1 hour 16 minutes ago
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 10th, 2015 1:49am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics