Dimension Table updates

Hello,

So I'm creating a package and I want to constantly update my dimension tables when new user information is given. The dimension table I am using is Dimension User including their first name, last name, full name and email ID. Now their is a small glitch from the data I am pulling. When I pull the data from the source the first name includes the first name and last name and all the other data is fine. So before loading it back into the OLE DB Destination I did a "copy's columns" transformation so that the first name column is copied into the full name column. Now when I put a data viewer right after the "copy column" transformation it shows everything correctly, first name is the full name, last name is last name and full name is same as first name.
However the output displayed once it enters back into the DIM user is "unknown" for both first name and full name.
"Unknown" was a condition I had put into original script if their is a NULL term. But there isn't a NULL term because last name and email ID columns are populated
So where is the problem being caused?

• Moved by Bob BeaucheminMVP Friday, July 24, 2015 6:27 PM Moved to a more appropriate forum
July 24th, 2015 4:50pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics