Differrence in performance countes between W2k8 and W2k8 R2
Hi, I have two systems. One 32bit W2k8 SP2 and second 64bit W2k8 SP1 R2 Now when I check Sessions Active under perfmon -> ASP.NET Applications on 32 bit under "Instances of selected object" I have : _Total_ _LM_W3SRV_1_ROOT_MyApplication <All Instances> now on my 64 bit I only see: _Total_ <All Instances> I tried to find difference in setup but I cannot see one. And without this _LM_.... part of counter I see no values it's always 0. How can I make this counter to see MyApplication -> _LM_W3SRV_1_ROOT_MyApplication ?? and second question: perfmon in W2k8 has title Reliability and Perfrormance Monitor in W2k8 R2 only Performance Monitor. This has changed ?? T.
September 8th, 2011 9:29am

Hi, From your another thread problem with ASP.NET application performance counters under IIS7.5, it seems the problem is related to IIS7.5. Please try the suggestion Lloyd provided on that thread. Regarding your second question, please understand that in Windows Server 2008, the Reliability and Performance Monitor console integrates Reliability Monitor and Performance Monitor. In Windows Server 2008 R2, they are separated in two consoles. To open Reliability Monitor in Windows Server 2008 R2, click Start -> type Reliability in the Start Search box -> Click View reliability history. This does not change Performance Monitor’s functions. Regards, Bruce
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 15th, 2011 1:21am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics