Differencing disk in Appcontroler

I've been managing VMs with the VMM and using differencing disk to save hard drive space on the server.  I've since deployed appcontroler so users can create their own VMs from a template I created.  The problem that I have is when the user creates VM it creates a parent disk and a differencing disk in the same folder, therefore eating up double the space.

Is there some setting I'm missing to tell appcontroler the parent disk is in the root of the storage?

Has anybody else had success with appcontroler in this type of scenario.

May 27th, 2015 11:43am

Hi Sir,

"You can do what you want with Hyper-V, but SCVMM does not do differnecing disks "

As a workaround for VMM please refer to following link (within that artcle also mentioned it is a not supported scenario ):

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/mpoulson/archive/2011/07/28/how-to-create-differencing-disk-vm-from-template-on-scvmm-2012-via-powershell.aspx

In addition , if you want to use these VMs for a long time with differencing disks I have to say it if the parent disk fails all of the VMs will be failed , generally differencing disk is used for temporary test environment . 

Best Regards,

El

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 30th, 2015 3:15am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics