Differences in line graph between development VS machine and CRM live

I am new to developing CRM reports, and have been tasked with producing a line graph for a client.  I have labelled a point on the graph using a (relatively) complex formula to determine what to show, and whether to hide the information.  On my test machine (running BIDS in VS 2010), the graph displays correctly, but when putting it live onto a CRM 2011 implementation, one of the labels is consistently missing.  We are testing against the same data.

Any suggestions as to why this may be the case?

Formulas to set and show labels:

=Microsoft.VisualBasic.Interaction.Iif((CDbl(Fields!new_maxloadknValue.Value) = CDbl(Fields!t1_new_loadValue.Value) And CDbl(Fields!t1_new_elong.Value) = CDbl(Lookup(Fields!new_maxloadknValue.Value, Fields!t1_new_loadValue.Value, Fields!t1_new_elong.Value, "Tensile_Graph"))), true, Microsoft.VisualBasic.Interaction.Iif((CDbl(Fields!new_yieldloadknValue.Value) = CDbl(Fields!t1_new_loadValue.Value) And CDbl(Fields!t1_new_elong.Value) = CDbl(Lookup(Fields!new_yieldloadknValue.Value, Fields!t1_new_loadValue.Value, Fields!t1_new_elongValue.Value, "Tensile_Graph"))), true, Microsoft.VisualBasic.Interaction.Iif(Fields!t1_new_time.Value = 0.0, true, false)))

=Microsoft.VisualBasic.Interaction.Iif((CDbl(Fields!new_maxloadknValue.Value) = CDbl(Fields!t1_new_loadValue.Value) And CDbl(Fields!t1_new_elong.Value) = CDbl(Lookup(Fields!new_maxloadknValue.Value, Fields!t1_new_loadValue.Value, Fields!t1_new_elong.Value, "Tensile_Graph"))), " ( Fm ) ", Microsoft.VisualBasic.Interaction.Iif((CDbl(Fields!new_yieldloadknValue.Value) = CDbl(Fields!t1_new_loadValue.Value) And CDbl(Fields!t1_new_elong.Value) = CDbl(Lookup(Fields!new_yieldloadknValue.Value, Fields!t1_new_loadValue.Value, Fields!t1_new_elongValue.Value, "Tensile_Graph"))), " ( Fp ) ", Microsoft.VisualBasic.Interaction.Iif(Fields!t1_new_time.Value = 0.0, " ( F ) ", "")))

(The CDbl was an act of desperation :) )

Would appreciate any advise,

With thanks

Andrew Belton

June 26th, 2015 11:10am

Hi Andrew,

According to your description, you are building SSRS reports for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 using Visual Studio. The report works fine in BIDS, but one of the labels is missing when run the report in CRM, right?

In Reporting Services, all the query in datasets will be sent to database side and executed. In your scenario, the report works fine in BIDS, so we can make sure there is no problem on Reporting Services side. To troubleshot the issue, please check if extra data sources or datasets exist in your report. If that is a case, please remove them. Also you should make sure all your operations to create an CRM report are right, following articles might be helpful to you:
Creating Dynamics CRM 2011 Reports in SQL Reporting
Custom Reporting in Microsoft Dynamics CRM - Fetch vs. Filtered Views

If issue persists, I would recommend you post the issue in CRM forum with this link: https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=crmdevelopment.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 28th, 2015 11:17pm

Thanks Qiuyun Yu,

I shall do so.

Andrew

June 29th, 2015 1:51am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics