Difference between NIC Teaming and Bridging in Windows Servers ?
Hello, NIC Teaming and NIC Bridging - I understand the concepts but NOT confident though. I would like to know the Difference between NIC Teaming and Bridging in Windows Servers ? Pros and cons of the both the technologies. Please suggest. Thanks !
April 6th, 2012 2:20am

Hi K Seeker, Thanks for posting here. These are two different technologies which will be used in different scenarios . we may acquire that by reading NUWARockss reply in the link below in order to get a better understanding . http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/5/t1281092-teaming-bridging/ May I know what are we going to achieve with these technologies ? Thanks. Tiger Li Important Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.Tiger Li TechNet Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 9th, 2012 2:54am

Hi Tiger, Thanks for the reply. I went through the link provided in your post and things are clear now. May I know what are we going to achieve with these technologies ? I have a VM on Hyper-V with 3 virtual NICs, I was thinking of bridging them together to increase the throughput but now I have realised bridging won't help to increase throughput.Thanks !
April 10th, 2012 1:27am

Hi Tiger, Thanks for the reply. I went through the link provided in your post and things are clear now. May I know what are we going to achieve with these technologies ? I have a VM on Hyper-V with 3 virtual NICs, I was thinking of bridging them together to increase the throughput but now I have realised bridging won't help to increase throughput.Thanks !
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 10th, 2012 1:27am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics