Deploying office through group policy

Hi people,

English is not my mother language so i'll hope you'll understand me.

I have a school project. Deploying office through group policy worked. But now my teacher has given me a command to give all OU's a different OFFICE packet when they logged in. So.. it will change the current installation when a different user from a different OU logged in. I'm out of options. Please can anybody help me:(:(

March 24th, 2015 4:01pm

So.. it will change the current installation when a different user from a different OU logged in. I'm out of options. Please can anybody help me:(:(

Hi,

if I understand correctly, whenever a user logs in, the current status of Office would need to be detected, then, consider which user is currently logging on, examine which Office configuration is needed for that user, then uninstall any existing Office, and install the necessary Office/configuration ?

This sounds a crazy/bad idea, I never heard such a requirement in 25 years of IT !

Do I misunderstand ?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 24th, 2015 4:43pm

No you don't misunderstand :p  My teacher first did it wit Office 2003 and know i must do it in office2010.. and i also thought it was a stupid idea.. But who am i... i have not much knowledge in IT.. i'm still learning.

But i have 2 options

To confince him that this is not a good idea... (and i dont know with wich argument)

or find a way to do this... 

March 24th, 2015 4:53pm

Hello

sorry if I misunderstand.
so let's try: install all office to pc https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2121447 install office 2003 and office.... and create gpo to ou and when user login to desktop add desktop that office icon what need...
or use app-v... or terminal server.. or you are student and teacher add homework? :)
but user start login and waiting to install office... 

March 24th, 2015 5:52pm

Ehm... I dont understand........ 

I only need office 2010. This i deployed through a group policy... and it worked. But that GP is for 1 OU. I need another office packet with only word or excel through a group policay linked to another OU. Soo..

Situation:

OU=student only office

OU=teacher= only office excel 

when i loggin with user from OU teacher it will only install office and excel(worked) but when i loggin with user from OU student then excel needs to be removed en there must only be Office...

Sorry for my bad english...

March 24th, 2015 6:22pm

Hello

tip:
1, create msp package and gpo https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179196%28v=office.14%29.aspx
2, install full office to all computer and create  group for teacher and add access denied to all office .exe except excel.exe

sorry if I misunderstand again :(
March 25th, 2015 1:38am

Yes but ive been searching on the intenret.. and i cant find how to deny acces on software for OU... 
March 25th, 2015 2:00am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics