Deploy ssis 2012 packages on 2008r2 server

I developed SSIS packages on ssis 2012(vs 2012), but now upon deployment, we need to deploy these to sql server 2008(i.e. in job schedule).

Test-1 :- In the package i am using the file system task, copy the text file from one folder to another folder. When i start the job of package , its says "Success". but when i look into the destination folder, its empty.

Test-2:- In another package i am using the Execute Sql Task, in that i am deleting the rows based on condition. when i execute in visual studio, its works. But when i start the job of package, its says "Success". But when i looked at the table, records are not deleted.

Can any one throw light on this.

Thanks

Greetings
Srini

April 23rd, 2015 1:57pm

They will not run

There is no backward comparability in SSIS all across the board.

You need to develop using SSIS 2008

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 23rd, 2015 2:18pm

Hi Srini,

SSIS versions are not backwards compatible. Please notice that once a package is upgraded from SSIS 2008 R2 package schema to SSIS 2012 package schema, the package cannot be downgraded. So we cannot open the SSIS 2012 packages in SSIS 2008 R2 or deploy the SSIS 2012packages to SSIS 2008 R2 anymore.

To fix this issue, we should recreate the package in SSIS 2008 R2 or change the package XML code from version 2012 to 2008 R2 based on the detail upgrade error messages.

Thanks,
Katherine Xiong

April 27th, 2015 2:48am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics