Deploy Web Role Package in Web App
I have created the packages from web role. Is that possible that I can directly deploy the .cspkg and .cscfg file to web app? or I have to go with Cloud Service?
May 20th, 2015 9:11am

Hi VKG,

I am not too sure when you said web role package but You have the below two options with Azure :

Build your own package and upload it through the Azure portal https://manage.windowsazure.com/

1. In your Cloud projet in Visual Studio right click and select "Package".
  2. Select the service configuration and build configuration (Release, Debug) you want to package. Then hit on Package. This will build all the necessary projects for your cloud solution. Once finished, it will popup a window with 2 files: a cspkg and a cscfg. The cspkg can be opened with any zip software by the way. [ As you have already built the packages  you may skip this and continue with step 3.
  3. Go to Azure portal. Select "Cloud Services". Select your cloud service name. Clic on "UPLOAD A NEW PRODUCTION DEPLOYMENT". Select your cspkg and cscfg files form step 2. Give a name to your deployment. You're done.

Publish from Visual Studio. Right click on your Cloud project and select "Publish". Apply the necessary settings (Cloud service -this will populate automatically-, Environment, Release...as in the previous way. Make sure you go to Advanced settings to select the correct storage account if you got multiple. Hit Next, and the Publish.

Additionally, for Azure web app , See Create an ASP.NET web app in Azure App Service that might be helpful.

Reference : Deploy a web app in Azure App Service

Regards,

Shirisha Paderu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 20th, 2015 1:41pm

Hello,

This forum is for discussion regarding Azure AD queries.  As per the description above it look like its a Cloud Services query. Hence moving it to cloud services forum queue for better expert coverage.

Regards,

Sadiqh

May 20th, 2015 1:56pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics