Dependent Activity Configuration

Hi I am creating a change request process workflow as per below requirement. I am facing issue at dependent activity stage. The activities in Release record are actually not starting automatically. When i open the release record and click on Run then everything works perfect. I want to avoid this manual intervention in my workflow. Further i want to know that what are the other activities those can work with Dependent activity, I mean Review etc.

I have configure the Activities as below:

CHANGE REQUEST

02 Separate Review Activities for Approval> Then> Dependent Activity with Linked to Release Record and Then one Manual Activity.

RELEASE RECORD

01 Manual Activity for Test, 01 RA for Approval Pre-Production, Then 01 MA for Pre-Production deployment. 

February 25th, 2015 10:59am

Hi,

I have to say that I haven't found out other activities except for change request that can work with Dependent activity. And if you want to automatic run, you may try Orchestrator.

Here is a thread for your reference:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/ff68b9c0-50a5-4695-8e17-2b4e4411fac9/scsm-2012-sp1-add-dependent-activity-to-change-request-template?forum=itilmofprocesses

Regards,

Yan Li

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 28th, 2015 2:13am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics