Dependency Evaluation , Finding active connections

Hi, I am trying to find the list of active connections on SQL SERVER , more and more granular way ...
like below , I know a way using active monitor or Profiler  or some DMVs give me some list , but is there a way to find 

what is the server name ,instance name connectedc to it  , who is the clinet connected to it , whats the application being used now?
what database  it is connected to it ? what login being used to connect ? what table and column being used right now and what kind of DML or DDL are happeming ?
I want to create a report and find Dependancay evaluation so that we will re architech or re design the existing databases ...

ServerName  InstanceName  Client  Application  Database  Login  Table  Column  Select  Insert  Update  Delete  Truncate  Alter

Please give me some some suggestions to start with at-least 

thanks

May 19th, 2015 4:27pm

try adam Mechanic's Sp_whoisactive -- it can give most of the information you want and it will give you the actually Tsql that is executing... 

google - sp_whosiactive to download ...

For more insights, you can use - sql trace or extended events and log the information. if you want to monitor foe certain period, you can use this method..

for dependency - you can use the - view dependencies property in ssms on each table to get the dependencies list. it will not count every scenerio, you might have but should help to get the idea..

you can also use - builtin - sp_who2 to get some of this information..

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 19th, 2015 4:35pm

Thanks .. will try that
May 19th, 2015 4:43pm

any one else can help with any other way?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 19th, 2015 6:11pm

any one else can help with any other way?

one other solution could be database auditing... this is only enterprise feature.. you might not get all the information.. but most of them but you need to set up what events you want to audit...

May 19th, 2015 6:19pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics