Denied 'Everyone' Group Permissions -- How to Access?

While trying to lock a folder down to just me and a few others, I accidentally denied all permissions to everyone.

I can't access the folder from the Administrator account on the server, nor can I view it from my account (Should be the owner? Also admin group).

I can navigate to the folder from my account, although it is not visible in explorer, but cannot see any of the files or subdirectories.

I tried takeown from the admin account, which didn't work.

How do I gain access to this folder again??

January 19th, 2012 7:18pm

I used cacls from the owner account to get back into the folder, but it makes me set every folder manually.

Now that I'm in, I can view all of the file names and folders from the admin account.  From the owner account, I can only see the folders which I used cacls on specifically; no subdirectories or files are showing.

Any Suggestions for the files? Cacls is NOT working on them--only directories.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 19th, 2012 9:29pm

I used cacls from the owner account to get back into the folder, but it makes me set every folder manually.

Now that I'm in, I can view all of the file names and folders from the admin account.  From the owner account, I can only see the folders which I used cacls on specifically; no subdirectories or files are showing.

Any Suggestions for the files? Cacls is NOT working on them--only directories.

1.Use the account which is the owner of this folder to log on with admin privilege.

2.Right-click the folder > security > advanced > owner > edit > add the user with "replace the owner on subcontainers and objects "checkbox.

3.In the permission tab > change permissions > add the user with full permission with "replace all child object permission with.."checkbox.

January 20th, 2012 9:19am

what about full permission settings that do not have child permission check box;  The everyone share is already an option?

Brittney Nicole

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 3rd, 2013 4:08am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics