Deleting logical drive and extended partition
I have an older sony vaio desktop (2001) and I replaced the 20G HDD. After system recovery and reinstallation of XP HE,I am left with 2 drives: C and D, both of which are 10G. If I delete the logical drive(D) and extended partition (D) willI be left with one 20G C drive. I hope this isn't a stupid question, but after all of the updates the C drive is almost completely full and the D drive appears to be all but useless.Forgive my Ignorance,Keith
September 24th, 2009 6:53am

Hi, According to the description, it seems that the free space of your C: drive is not enough, so you want to delete the D: drive and then merge the space of D: drive to C: drive so the C: drive can use the whole 20GB. If I misunderstand your concern, please feel to let me know. If so, its possible. If you are using Windows Vista or the system coming later such as Windows Server 2008 and etc, you can use the Disk Management include in the system. How to Partition in Windows Vista (Extend and Shrink)? http://www.lytebyte.com/2007/02/19/how-to-partition-in-windows-vista-extend-and-shrink/ If you are using the previous system such as Windows XP, you may try to use the third party partition tools such as Paragon Partition Manager. Important Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet. Best Regards, Vincent Hu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 24th, 2009 1:02pm

Actually, I am running XP HE. I recently ordered Partition Magic 8. I was told this is a good way to change the size of the partitions. What do you think?
September 29th, 2009 8:33am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics