Deleting Roaming Profiles
Hi Zhang, Thanks this is very helpful. I am not very familiar with GPOs so thanks for providing the path, I have now configured this GPO. This policy has deleted cached copies of user profiles from the C: drive (which is useful) but not the source roaming profile from the profiles folder on the D: drive which is what I need to do. I have a number of user accounts associated with people who have left our organisation and I want to clean them off the system. I can delete them from AD, but their Roaming Profile remains and it is a chore going through one-by-one deletion. Regards Bob
February 29th, 2012 11:26am

1. First of all, I recommend to think twice, before you delete anything from AD and user resources. 2. In W2K8 R2 there is GPO that allows for automatic deletition of unused user profiles (set the number of days of in activity.) 3. Depending on the user rights settings you should take ownership of redirected profile before you do anything with it. 4. Consider backup for "law enforcenment" depending on the local rules (namely the e-mails ans sensitive documents) Regards Milos
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 7th, 2012 8:13am

Hello, delprof2 can be used also remote to remove profiles on Windows server 2008 or Windows Vista and higher http://helgeklein.com/free-tools/delprof2-user-profile-deletion-tool/ Keep in mind to test this before using on production networks.Best regards Meinolf Weber MVP, MCP, MCTS Microsoft MVP - Directory Services My Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/mweber/ Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
April 7th, 2012 4:40pm

Hello, There should be a policy that can help automatically delete a profile that has been idle for a number of days. Name: Delete user profiles older than a specified number of days on system restart Category Path: Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\User Profiles\ If you would like to manually delete a specific roaming profile, you should have permission to do so with the domain admin account. Thanks ZHANG
April 8th, 2012 12:08am

Hi Zhang Thanks this is very helpful. I am not very familiar with GPOs so thanks for providing the path, I have now configured this GPO. Regards Bob
April 8th, 2012 2:42am

Hi Zhang, This policy has deleted cached copies of profiles from the C: drive but not the source profile from the profiles folder on the D: drive. Regards Bob
April 8th, 2012 3:31am

What is the correct procedure for deleting a user and his/her roaming profile in a Windws Server 2008 / Windows7 environment; such that there is nothing left relating to this user on the system?
April 8th, 2012 3:51am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics