Deleting Account or Changing Country

I created an Azure account but the country was the US. As I am based in the UK I cannot provide any payment details even for the trial.

I have spent six weeks trying to get Azure support to help but they inform me I either have to have another Live ID (I only have one mail address and I'm not creating another just for Azure) or delete my LiveID (again not an option as it is linked to MS UK services, UK CC and a Premier Support agreement).

Surely this is a simple administrative issue - I've been told I can delete my or change the country of my LiveID account - why not the Azure account? I've not even been able to use it!

Looking at various threads it seems I am not alone in my frustrations  however, this thread seems to suggest it has been fixed in this particular case:

Link not allowed....

My attempt to direct Azure support to that thread were ignored.

Any advice or is it simply a case of having to go to an Azure competitor?

December 22nd, 2014 11:33pm

hi sir,

Sorry for the inconvenience that caused by this encountered issue. May I know whether you have followed below steps to contact with Azure customer support?

Sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and we appreciate your patience.

Should you have any other concern and any results, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Will

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 23rd, 2014 6:00am

Hi, I have spent nearly six weeks dealing with Azure support - it has been escalated twice to no avail. To be clear - I have an Azure account but the country is USA where I do not have a credit card. So I cannot even use the free trial. I just want the country changing or the account deleting sobI can recreate. So far three levels of Azure support have told me this is not technically possible - I seriously cannot believe this is the case. Other threads seem to suggest similar problems have been solved. My experience so far with this very basic request has been very poor.
December 25th, 2014 9:41pm

Hi sir,

I will confirm your requirement with my colleague, and I will post back later. Appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Will 

December 29th, 2014 6:08am

Hi gpt71,

Sorry for the inconvenience that caused by this encountered issue. Based on my understanding, it looks like the issue is related to Live ID instead of Azure. 

If you want to change the Country for your Live ID, you can go to account.live.com and edit your personal info. Once logged into account.live.com, please select Edit your details under the Basic Info section. Then select Edit under the Personal details section, change the country/region and edit the associated fields for that country and select Save. Once you have completed that, it should be able to sign up for Azure using the correct billing Country. Please feel free to let me know if I have any misunderstood of your issue. 

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Ming Xu

December 29th, 2014 7:36am

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. But I do not want to change my Live ID Country - that is set to the UK where I live,  where my credit card is valid and the country I want my Azure account to be linked to. The problem is my Azure account has the USA as the country.

All I want is for my Azure account to be deleted - so I can recreate using the same Live ID but twith the correct country - or the country of my Azure account to be changed so I can actually use the service with my credit card.

It surely can't be this hard to get a simple admin task completed?

December 30th, 2014 3:08am

Hi gpt71,

Thanks a lot for clarifying the issue. I have fully understood your feeling, sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Unfortunately, the fact is once a user creates the Azure account, there is no way to change the location.  Furthermore, once the Live ID is associated with an account, that Live ID cant be used to create another account.

>> but they inform me I either have to have another Live ID (I only have one mail address and I'm not creating another just for Azure)

I'd like to suggest you to use a different Live ID to create an Azure account, and leverage Azure Co-Administrator function in case you wanna grants your other Live ID access to Azure services and to the Azure Management Portal, you maybe interest in http://blogs.msdn.com/b/zxue/archive/2012/10/30/the-rights-and-limits-of-the-windows-azure-co-administrator-account.aspx.

Best Regards,

Ming Xu

December 31st, 2014 5:37am

You say:

"Unfortunately, the fact is once a user creates the Azure account, there is no way to change the location.  Furthermore, once the Live ID is associated with an account, that Live ID cant be used to create another account."

Why can't it be? It is simply a row and column in a data. The inability to do a simple administrative task will cause me to have to go elsewhere for cloud services. It is an experience I will certainly be feeding back to my company and my MS Premier Support TAM.

January 11th, 2015 10:19pm

Hi gpt71,

Apologize for this inconvenience. Based on the researching internally, IMHO, it's not that simple as we thought and there is no way to change the location once a user creates the Azure account. From my experience, do you mind to use a different Live ID to create an Azure account, and leverage Azure Co-Administrator function in case you wanna grants your other Live ID access to Azure services and to the Azure Management Portal? Thanks a lot for your understanding.

Best Regards,
Ming Xu

January 18th, 2015 12:33pm

Understanding? I've now officially given up. I haven't even had chance to use Azure so I'll now be deploying Microsoft products on one of your competitors cloud offerings.

February 3rd, 2015 4:41pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics