Delete the install.wim after sysprep ?
Hello all, I am "imaging" my HD, i sysprepped it and its good to go, i've done the proccess and it works great. My only concern is when i make the unattend.xml using AIK from technician computer, i put on the desktop of the administrator the install.wim and the server2008.clg file. and when i copy the unattend to the sysprep folder in my "imaged computer" - i also copy the .wim and .clg files to the desktop.. Now if i sysprep /shutdown and then boot from bootable usb, if i capture c:\ it will also capture the .wim and clg file, and they are very big. the .wim is 2.5gb. (it will capture them beacuse i use copyprofile true.. and it copies files on desktop) How can i get rid of it ? Am i allowed to delete them after sysprepping and before the /capture command ? after sysprepping when the computer boots from winpe. i am allowed to delete the clg or the .wim file ? maybe i should put them on a different HD (a one im not imaging) so they wont be in the imaged package..and then to redirect the .xml to that different HD. what is the solutions, instead of the image to be 9gb before imagex capture, it is 11.5 and its alot !
March 17th, 2011 4:12am

Please post on Windows Server Setup forum. Thanks
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 17th, 2011 6:49am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics