Delete favorite deleted from the Monitoring tab

Hey guys.

How can I delete a favorite I have that does not any longer exist in my SCOM console?

I get this error message:

The complete error text is:

Date: 30.06.2015 11:17:02
Application: Operations Manager
Application Version: 7.1.10226.0
Severity: Error
System.ArgumentException: There are 0 components of type Visma.Custom.Groups!UIGenerated_6c6dacca7dc84e57b6bbda7cf60fb52e_OCViewVisma.netFinancialsProduction, only one is acceptable
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.CompositionEngine.ObservableExtensions.Block[TSource](IObservable`1 source)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Monitoring.Components.Host.DashboardGateway.RemoveDashboardFromMyWorkspace(DashboardView view)
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.Internal.UI.Console.WunderBarPages.Favorites.MyDashboardView.Delete()
   at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Mom.Internal.UI.Console.ConsoleJobExceptionHandler.ExecuteJob(IComponent component, EventHandler`1 job, Object sender, ConsoleJobEventArgs args)
June 30th, 2015 5:21am

Just to be sure, you added a view to My Workspace, deleted it from the Monitoring pane, and then you cannot delete it from My Workspace. Is that correct?

I would try to open the console with /clearcache; Start -> Run -> "C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012 R2\Operations Manager\Console\Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Monitoring.Console.exe" /clearcache

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 1st, 2015 3:16am

Just to be sure, you added a view to My Workspace, deleted it from the Monitoring pane, and then you cannot delete it from My Workspace. Is that correct?

I would try to open the console with /clearcache; Start -> Run -> "C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012 R2\Operations Manager\Console\Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Monitoring.Console.exe" /clearcache

July 1st, 2015 7:15am

Yes. That is the method , correct.

Tried with /clearcache now.

Sorry, but it didn't work.

I know for sure that i can delete other favourites, that still exist in my console.

Any more suggestions?

This is a kind of SCOM profile, I say that because the views I have as favourites are saved, so I have them the next time i log on

How can I "delete" my profile?

July 10th, 2015 2:57am

Hmmm, perhaps its stuck.
Try to close all SCOM consoles. Next go to:
C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Monitoring.Console\momcache.mdb
And remove that one. Of course use your own user name there. See if that helps you.
July 10th, 2015 2:33pm

Hi Freddy,

Assuming this error appears when you are deleting a view from favorites using YOUR account right ? Or is this error from some one else account ?

Also what rights does the account have where this error is occurring ?

Post me the results.

July 11th, 2015 9:51am

This is a reply to Bob Corneliussens post.

I wish i could try this. But I dont have any files here, and only these folders:

Internet Explorer
Terminal Server Client
Windows
Feeds Cache

So unfortunately, I cannot try this

July 13th, 2015 4:50am

This is a reply to Gautam.75801 post.

Yes, deleting using my own administrator account, the same as the one I created the favourite with.

My account has Full administrator rights in SCOM

July 13th, 2015 5:07am

So you mean to say you are not able to find the cache file which Bob has mentioned ?

July 13th, 2015 5:46am

I wish i could try this. But I dont have any files here, and only these folders:

Internet Explorer
Terminal Server Client
Windows
Feeds Cache

July 13th, 2015 8:49am

Internet Explorer
Terminal Server Client
Windows
Feeds Cache

July 13th, 2015 8:49am

I found the file in C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Monitoring.Console

Deleted the momcache.mdb file, but no stil no luck... still the same error message, whats the next step?

July 15th, 2015 4:31am

Hi There,

Can you login to another desktop / server where you have SCOM Console there and try clearing the cache and deleting the view and see if it works there.

July 15th, 2015 6:10am

I found the file in C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Monitoring.Console

Deleted the momcache.mdb file, but no stil no luck... still the same error message, whats the next step?

July 15th, 2015 8:30am

July 15th, 2015 8:30am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics