Delegation of adrministration in AD
Hi, My environment is a Windows 2003 functional level domain, where I want to delegate a few administration tasks to a group whose members are users that I want to allow to create/modify user accounts etc.. When I go through the wizard it all goes fine, however when I launch mmc as that delegated user and add the AD Users and Computers snap in I'm surprised to see that this delegated user is able to see the whole domain structure, OU's, user information from all the OU's not only the delegated OU. Is it by design so? or it's possible when delegating to prohibit in a way listing all the OU's?? Thank you
June 16th, 2012 4:37am

Hi, even if you do not delegate permissions, by default, all/any Domain users can "read" the AD.Don
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 16th, 2012 5:14am

Create taskpad for that delegated user. 1. Creating a taskpad and delegating several admin tasks. 2. Create Taskpads for Active Directory Operations. Thanks
June 16th, 2012 5:17am

Hi, I would like to confirm what is the current situation? Have you resolved the problem? If there is anything that we can do for you, please do not hesitate to let us know, and we will be happy to help.Lawrence TechNet Community Support
June 21st, 2012 4:58am

Hi, I would like to confirm what is the current situation? Have you resolved the problem? If there is anything that we can do for you, please do not hesitate to let us know, and we will be happy to help. Lawrence TechNet Community Support
June 25th, 2012 12:56am

Hi, As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as Answered as the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios. If the issue still persists and you want to return to this question, please reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up. You can also choose to unmark the answer as you wish. In addition, we'd love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks!Lawrence TechNet Community Support
June 27th, 2012 5:20am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics