Delegate Control of an Intern working in the IT Department
Hello all, I have been searching for a solution for a while now, and I am coming here to request help. I have an Intern that started with us some time ago, and he is very "green" in the IT field. I would like to provide him access to area of AD and users computers, but with everything I have tested, I am not able to get the correct combination figured out. I would like the Intern to have the ability to: Install/Uninstall software on User Computers Add Computers to Domain ( I have figured this out through the Delegation wizard ) Unlock/Reset Passwords for Users ( I have figured this out through the Delegation wizard ) Ability to access the C$ of a remote computer (\\computername\c$) - this is not a necessity though I cannot think of anything else at the moment, but if i could be directed to a site with the Delegation rules, i would appreciate it. I have not been able to locate a good document for this. I know there are hundreds of ways to assign delegation. Thanks to all who help. B.Brent_c76
July 12th, 2011 7:02pm

Hi, >Install/Uninstall software on User Computers Only administrators have right to install or uninstall software, to do this, you may put the Intern account to admin groups. You know we suggest you not do this, because it is risky to your environment. You may use Group Policy to deploy softwares for your computers. >Ability to access the C$ of a remote computer (\\computername\c$) Enable to access the C$ of a remote computer, we still need the admin right. As we know it is not suggested. But you can add this Intern account to the local admin groups through GPO or GPP. GPO: computer configuration>policies>windows setting>security settings>restricted groups GPP: user configuration>preferences>control panel settings>local users and groups Best Regards, Yan Li
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 13th, 2011 8:51am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics