Delayed Write Failed Error on Windows 2003 Server during Backup
Hello, I am running into an issue with running NTBackup on Win 2003 Server. I have three backup jobs that are scheduled to run everyday and all three are failing. Only few hundred MB are copied to the Backup shared drive. The error message that appears in Events>Systems is listed below. Event ID: 50 Event Source: MRxSmb Details: Delayed Write Failed} Windows was unable to save all the data for the file \Device\LanmanRedirector. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere. The above error is followed by another error below. Event ID: 26 Source: Application Popup Details: Application popup: Windows - Delayed Write Failed: Windows was unable to save all the data for the file \\Server1\shared_backup\Backup1\Backup.bkf. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere. The backup are being copied to shred USB Drive that is connected to another server. The backup jobs have been running without any problems for the past 2 years. I tried to install the hotfix from the link below but I got the message “setup has detected that the service pack version of the system is newer than the update you are applying”. Thanks…B
September 28th, 2011 8:15pm

Check the following KB article... A program may stop responding, and event 50 and event 26 are logged, when the program tries to write data to a volume mount point on a Windows Server 2003-based computer. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/890352 HTHThanks, Santosh (MCTS W2K8 AD and SCCM) To Infinity and Beyond
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 28th, 2011 10:44pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics