Delay time setting for hung applications in Server 2008 32-bit
I have an application that hangs from time to time on specific DB queries. I have told the developers to "fix" their code, but instead they would rather I increase the delay before the windows error message box pops up. In XP there was a registry key under HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop HungAppTimeout where you could modify this in milliseconds. However, MS Server 2008 32-Bit does not have that specified key. I am basically looking for the equivalent. As it stands now, I have played with WER both in a custom GPO as well as registry hacks. The closest I come is to suppress the message, however, if you click anywhere on the application it seems to default to "close application" which is not acceptable. An alternative would be to suppress the message with it defaulting to "wait till application responds". Thanks.
May 26th, 2011 6:03pm

Hello, sorry but this belongs to the not correct programmed software, so let the responsible persons fix this.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 27th, 2011 11:29am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics