Delay opening COBOL Application over network
I have a client who has a Cobol Application being used for their system. Their environment is 2x server 2008 R2 boxes and all clients are XP Pro SP3 workstations. There was a delay when on server 2003 r2 x64, but got worse after moving data to server 2008 r2 (I had to move because main partition was messed up and didnt have license of media to reinstall svr2k3r2, so proceeded with svr2k8r2.) I need some help trying to figure this out. I have been working on this for a about 2 months with no resolution. I ran a packet capture and I do not see any network delay from the workstation side when opening the application up. But when sitting and watching the application, there is a 20-45 second delay vs running it off server taking 1s. Thanks for all the help. :)
July 20th, 2012 1:31pm

Hi, Please try to do the below suggestions: Suggestion 1: Please upgrade the NIC driver, and install the latest update on both Windows Server 2008 R2 and Clients. Suggestion 2: Run below command to disable the NIC chimney on Server 2008 R2. netsh int tcp set global chimney=disabled netsh int tcp set global rss=disabled netsh int ip set global taskoffload=disabled netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled netsh int tcp set global congestionprovider=none netsh int tcp set global ecncapability=disabled netsh int tcp set global timestamps=disabled Here is the detailed KB article. Hope it helps. Information about the TCP Chimney Offload, Receive Side Scaling, and Network Direct Memory Access features in Windows Server 2008 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951037 Best Regards, AidenAiden Cao TechNet Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 23rd, 2012 3:31am

Hi, Please try to do the below suggestions: Suggestion 1: Please upgrade the NIC driver, and install the latest update on both Windows Server 2008 R2 and Clients. Suggestion 2: Run below command to disable the NIC chimney on Server 2008 R2. netsh int tcp set global chimney=disabled netsh int tcp set global rss=disabled netsh int ip set global taskoffload=disabled netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled netsh int tcp set global congestionprovider=none netsh int tcp set global ecncapability=disabled netsh int tcp set global timestamps=disabled Here is the detailed KB article. Hope it helps. Information about the TCP Chimney Offload, Receive Side Scaling, and Network Direct Memory Access features in Windows Server 2008 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951037 Best Regards, AidenAiden Cao TechNet Community Support
July 23rd, 2012 3:39am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics