Defrag Problems
I was wondering if someone could tell me why my computer will not defrag anymore. The defragmenter will come up but will not do anything when I selecta driveand click defrag. It worked fine until recently. I noticed it after the last updates for windows. I have windows xp.
January 25th, 2009 10:37am

Hello, In order to narrow down the cause, can you please try to perform the following actions first.1. Check the user permissionsAlthough any user can gain access to the Disk Defragmenter tool, administrator permissions are required to analyze or defragment a volume. To analyze or defragment a disk volume, you must be logged on as Administrator or as a member of the local Administrators group.2. Check the disk free spaces The volume must have at least 15 percent free space for Defrag to completely and adequately defragment it. Defrag uses this space as a sorting area for file fragments. If a volume has less than 15 percent free space, Defrag only partially defragments it.If you do have the administrator permissions and the volume still has more than 15 percent free space, please Windows Live SkyDrive (http://www.skydrive.live.com/) to upload the file and then give me the download address. If you have any questions on this issue, please feel free to let me know. Best regards,Tom ZhangTom Zhang MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 26th, 2009 1:03pm

Hi TomI have admin. access and there is 36% free space.The defrag just won't work..also I can not get the one care scanner to work. I kniow I have a bug that maybe causes this .... It is located in the system 32... the name is yrfsjxel.dll I have also found one that has the name szgoggz.dllI can not get rid of. Bit deffender and spybot both find it but can not delete them????Can you help me??????Thankssibale/ gary
July 19th, 2009 8:20am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics