Default gateway setting in VM
I have 2 VM's in a datacenter. 1 is a DC/DNS server 2008 standard. The 2nd server will be an exchange server. Only i cannot get the gateway to work. Yes, i compared the settings on both server and except for the ip adress the setting are the same. I have seen this problem before and never figured out the cause of the problem. Also i had a simular problem, except with that server the gateway completely was gone after every reboot ?!?! What can i do to fix the problem ?
October 18th, 2011 7:51am

Hi, Thanks for posting here. Which VM software is using on host server ? have also compared the virtual network setting on both VMs ? If you are uning Hyper-V please first patch the hotfix below: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974909 Thanks. Tiger Li Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 19th, 2011 2:00am

Hi, Thanks for posting here. Which VM software is using on host server ? have also compared the virtual network setting on both VMs ? If you are uning Hyper-V please first patch the hotfix below: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974909 Thanks. Tiger Li Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ESXi 4.1 enterprise and the virtual network settings on both are the same. But what seems to be the solution is to add another NIC and deleting it again. I had a E1000 and tried to install a second NIC to see if that solves the problem. I added the VMNETX3 and everything instantly worked for the E1000, removed the VMXNET3 still working. Now going for the reboot......and still working. Now i am like ?????????????????????????? But is works !!!!!!
October 19th, 2011 2:57am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics