Default Owner of a newly created directory
Hi, I was wondering if it is possible via policy or a script to configure the Owner of a newly created directory to be a particular group/person? By default it is the person who created the folder (unless you are a member of Administrators and then it is the Administrators group unless the policy has been changed). I require a different group to automatically become the Owner whenever a new folder is created. Thankyou, Kummaz
July 28th, 2010 9:42am

I don't think there is a script to do a such thing. Instead, this is a link to show you to change the owner of a folder. It is easy to do it manually. The link is the following: http://www.byteblocks.com/post/2009/09/02/Change-file-or-folder-owner-on-Windows-7.aspx Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Best regards.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 28th, 2010 2:36pm

Hello, check out SUBINACL: subinacl /noverbose /file \\servername\sharename\dir /setowner=newowner subinacl /noverbose /subdirectories \\servername\sharename\dir\* /setowner=newowner http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e8ba3e56-d8fe-4a91-93cf-ed6985e3927b&displaylang=enBest regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
July 28th, 2010 2:40pm

The 2 commands provided by Meinolf can help change the ownership of the folder \\servername\sharename\dir and its subfolders. However please understand that the owner of new created subfolders will still be the creator, so you will need to run the second command everytime a new subfolder created.Shaon Shan| TechNet Subscriber Support in forum| If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 29th, 2010 11:04am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics