Decrypting Files After system restore
I had to do a system restore on my pc because of a virus and now i am not able open files that were encrypted. I'm using windows xp professional. How do I decrypt my files?
June 10th, 2011 9:56pm

Hi ONOQUISIN, Thank you for your post. I give your these suggestions: 1. Try to logon with the account that is used to encrypt your file, open the encrypted file 2. If your pc was joined domain before, try to use domain admin to open the encrypted file 3. If the encrypted file still couldn't open, please try to use third party tool to decrypt the file like this tool If there are more inquiries on this issue, please feel free to let us know. Important Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.Regards, Rick Tan
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 13th, 2011 11:07pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics