Decrypt a file
I get an error on the windows server 2003 system event, I has encrypted a *.bat file on the D drive now i am not able to decrypt the file the attribute I see is "AE" when I try to remove the attribute I get an error access dined to this file. How do I remove the attribute "AE" when i right click the file and click on properties I don’t get the further options
April 26th, 2011 6:13am

Hi, To get a better understanding, please provide more information: 1. What’s the content of the system event? 2. Did you encrypt the file by using EFS and use the same user account to decrypt it? Meanwhile, please have a look at the following article: Decrypt a file or folder http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc780624(WS.10).aspx This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 27th, 2011 5:27am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics