Dcomcnfg Edit Limits is grayed out
I am tring to edit limits on a Server 2003 R2 sp2 and the button is grayed out. I have tried using a local admin account as well as a domain admin account and neither work. What is the workaround the be able to view the limits? Thanks!
January 7th, 2011 12:27pm

Hi, This could be because of the following policies. Computer Configuration\Windows Settings\Security Settings\Local Policies\Security Options: DCOM: Machine Access Restrictions in Security Descriptor Definition Language (SDDL) syntax. You can use this setting to grant access to all the computers to particular users for DCOM application in the enterprise through Group Policy. DCOM: Machine Launch Restrictions in Security Descriptor Definition Language (SDDL) syntax. You can use this setting to grant launch or activation permissions to all the computers to particular users for DCOM application in the enterprise through Group Policy These polices are used to manage the computer-wide ACLs in an enterprise. When we enable these policies the following registry keys will be created in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsNT\DCOM MachineAccessRestriction MachineLaunchRestriction This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 9th, 2011 9:56pm

Hi, How's everything going? Please feel free to respond back if you need further assistance. Thanks.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
January 17th, 2011 8:25pm

Haven't had a chance to test it yet, but when I do, will let you know. Thx
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 18th, 2011 5:35pm

I've tested your solution. It works fine. Thank you a lot!
February 18th, 2011 1:49pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics