Datetime conversion of SSRS Report in sharepoint integrated mode

Hi there,

i have created an report which retrieve data from table which contains a datetime field.  The data of that particular field is stored in UTC time. when i navigating the report from sharepoint site i wish the datetime field will be converted into local time based on the selected timezone of the user.

i feel this should be a common behaviour but i couldn't  figure out how to achieve that. Can anyone help me on this?

Regards,

SL

September 1st, 2015 1:34am

Hi SL,

Try this expression

=System.TimeZone.CurrentTimeZone.ToLocalTime(Fields!YourDateColumn.Value)

Or you can also handle at sql level

DECLARE @yourDateTime DATETIME = '2015-07-29 00:00:00.000'
SELECT DATEADD(MINUTE,-DATEDIFF(MINUTE,GETDATE(),GETUTCDATE()), @yourDateTime)

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 1st, 2015 1:46am

Hi Milan Das,

Thank you so much for your reply! My report is in remote processing mode.  if i am using the expression, i afraid that the System.TimeZone.CurrentTimeZone will return me the server system timezone always.

I think the  second approach will return the same result as SQL query is excuting in server site also.

what i wish to achieve is conversion based on sharepoint user's setting.

For example for a UTC date '2015-07-29 00:00:00.000' 

if an user set his timezone to  Kuala Lumpur,Singapore , the display date on the report should be '2015-07-29 08:00:00.000

for another user who set his timezone to  Seoul, the display date on the report should be '2015-07-29 09:00:00.000

regards,

SL

September 1st, 2015 2:48am

Hi SL,

According to your description, you want the report display the date based on the local timezone, right?

In Reporting Services, we can use Now() function to display current date in the report, and the date is based on the report server timezone. In your scenario, if you want to display the date based on the selected timezone, you can use custom code to achieve your goal. For more detail information, please refer to this thread: Working with Time Zones in SSRS

In our local environment, we have test the above scenario and the report works properly. 

Reference: 

TimeZoneInfo.ConvertTimeBySystemTimeZoneId Method

If you have any other question, please feel free to ask. 

Regards,
Shrek Li

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

September 1st, 2015 5:43am

Hi Shrek,

I have a quick question,  suppose i have a rdl file, and i am having custom code like this, TimeZoneInfo.ConvertTimeBySystemTimeZoneId(currentTime, UTC, TimeZoneInfo.Local.Id ));

Will the result of all users be the same as the processing is at the server side? based on my understanding it should be. i couldn't test it out as i am in an all in one machine.

thanks for your help!

September 1st, 2015 11:44pm

Hi Lslly,

The time settings will be inherited from the system where the Report server is installed.

September 2nd, 2015 12:28am

Hi SL,

You need to pass the timezone to "TimeZoneInfo.ConvertTimeBySystemTimeZoneId" function. The result is like below:

The expression is like this: =Code.FromUTC(Now(),"Pacific Standard Time").

In your scenario, you can use a report parameter to pass the selected timezone value to the function.

Regards,
Shrek Li

September 2nd, 2015 12:57am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics