Date control does not allow double click to move by month or year in Internet Explorer 11 or Firefox compared to in SSDT Visual Studio

I have a SSRS report developed in Visual Studio 2013 and using SQL server 2012. It has a date control based on parameters which works correctly in the development environment. I can select by day AND I can move from date to date by clicking on the month name to be able to move by month or double clicking to be able to move by year. When the report is deployed to Internet Explorer 11 or Firefox I can only, painfully, click back and forward by one day at a time and I can not double click the date control to move by month or double click to move by year. I can type the dates into the parameter box and get the correct result. I have set the compatibility view settings in IE for my server. Is there anything else that I can do as this is very frustrating for my users.  

in advance for any help, Sally

August 21st, 2015 8:48am

Hi Sally,

Please check this link

http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/504567/Print-button-and-date-picker-in-SSRS-reports-for-n

If you are using SSDT just add your report server to compatibility mode and then check the results. Otherwise if that is not working then please take help of developer tools(i.e F12) and then check what error it is throwing  and post it here .. 

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 21st, 2015 9:01am

Hi Milan

Thanks very much for responding. I have already added the report server to compatibility mode and this didn't help. The link you sent seems to be for browsers other that IE. I need it to work on IE. The report runs correctly I just can't use the date control in the way that I can use it in the development environment (ie double click to choose a month or year to navigate by).  I don't know how to use the developer tools to see any errors as you suggest but when running the  F12 profiler I can't see any obvious errors. Do you have any other suggestions? 

August 23rd, 2015 8:54pm

Hi SaFG, 

According to your description, when opening a report in IE11, the date picker cannot be double clicked to select year, right? 

In our local environment, we have tested this scenario. Based on my test, since we open the deployed report in Report Manager, the date picker has different behavior from in SSDT. We cannot select the year by double clicking the month in any IE versions (not only IE11) or Firefox. 

For you issue, I would recommend to submit this issue to the Microsoft Connect at this link https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Feedback. This connect site will serve as a connecting point between you and Microsoft, and ultimately the large community for you and Microsoft to interact with. Your feedback enables Microsoft to offer the best software and deliver superior services, meanwhile you can learn more about and contribute to the exciting projects on Microsoft Connect.

If you have any other question, please feel free to ask.

Regards,
Shrek Li

• Marked as answer by SaFG 42 minutes ago
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 25th, 2015 2:22am

Hi Shrek Li

Thanks very much for this. You are right in your description of the problem. I have the same problem in IE11 and also Firefox but it is particularly with IE that I need it to work. I will submit the issue to the Microsoft Connect as you suggest.

kind regards, Sally

August 25th, 2015 2:28am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics