Date Range filter based on date values returned in report?

I have a QA Deployment Date field that is being returned in a custom report I created. I also found a sample date range parameter:

What I want to accomplish:

I want to select a From and To Date and filter the report to only display the rows that have the QA Deployment Date within the selected range.

For example.. I want to select From Date (8/1/2105) and To Date (8/31/2015) and I only want to return only the results that have a QA Deployment date between that selected range.

Anyone know how I can accomplish this?

Thanks, 

August 27th, 2015 1:46pm

Hi AUtfsAdmin,

First you have check and select the your language:

You can use the parameters directly within the DataSet or through of filters properties.

I'd use the Dataset like the sample below:

Select * 
from 
MyTable
where 
convert(datetime,DATA,101)>=conver(datetime,@FromDate,101) and convert(datetime,DATA,101)<=convert(datetime,@ToDate,101) 

See the following url (CAST and CONVERT (Transact-SQL)): https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms187928(v=SQL.120).aspx

Best Regards

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 27th, 2015 4:10pm

Hi, 

According to your description, you want to filter the records based on the date parameter, right? 

In Reporting Services, if we want to return the required records, we can add a report parameter to the dataset query or use Filters. In your scenario, if you use Filters, dataset will return the all data, and then Reporting Services will filter the data at dataset level or tablix level. Please refer to the following steps: 

1. Right-click the dataset and select Dataset Properties, go to Filters tab. 
  2. Click Add button to create a new fileter. 

The result is like below: 

If you have any other question, please feel free to ask.

Regards,
Shrek Li

August 27th, 2015 11:03pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics