Database Provisioning Failed : Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'provision_timestamp'

Hi ,

My Sync process is not able to provision the Azure DB.

Database provisioning failed with the exception "Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'provision_timestamp', table 'DB_Name.DataSync.provision_marker_dss'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.The statement has been terminated"

I came across a similar question which mentioned relogin and sync might work. That didnt help.

Also, I havent touched any of the DataSync.* tables manually.

Am I missing anything here?

Wonder what should be done for this? 

Thanks

May 20th, 2013 4:46pm

Hello,

I got this working.

Solution:

Drop the TableName_dss_tracking and provision_marker_dss table from the issue-causing database.

Re-run sync.

It works fine without any issues.

• Marked as answer by Dee S Monday, May 27, 2013 7:26 AM
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 27th, 2013 7:26am

Hello,

I got this working.

Solution:

Drop the TableName_dss_tracking and provision_marker_dss table from the issue-causing database.

Re-run sync.

May 27th, 2013 7:26am

Hello,

I got this working.

Solution:

Re-run sync.

May 27th, 2013 10:26am

I'm facing the same problem but unfortunately dropping the provision_marker_dss and the <table>_dss_tracking tables didn't fix it. I tried completely removing the database and adding it as a reference again but I got the same result:

Database provisioning failed with the exception "Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'provision_timestamp', table 'DBNAME.DataSync.provision_marker_dss'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.The statement has been terminated.Inner exception: SqlException Error Code: -2146232060 - SqlError Number:515, Message: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'provision_timestamp', table 'DBNAME.DataSync.provision_marker_dss'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. SqlError Number:3621, Message: The statement has been terminated. "    For more information, provide tracing ID 9f03af06-aec2-4a50-a956-ceb926fe30cb to customer support.

Any ideas or pointers appreciated.

Thanks

September 16th, 2014 8:10pm

Hi Carlos

I appear to have the same problem, did you ever manage to resolve it?

Keith

February 16th, 2015 5:03pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics