Database Copy operations stuck in state of COPYING

We found that all our overnight database copy operations were sitting in a COPYING state still this morning.  We checked other azure subscriptions that do overnight database copies and they too are still sitting in a COPYING state.

We checked each database copy and found that they were empty databases (i.e. the user tables don't even exist yet).

The Portal status doesn't show any SQL Azure problems currently and the history tab doesn't show anything having occurred last night.

Anyone else have issues with database copies exhibiting the same behavior overnight?

EDIT: database copy operations fired off at 3

July 21st, 2015 10:40am

Hi Dave,

Can you please send me (sashan at microsoft.com) the name of the servers and databases in copy. I will followup to answer your question 

Thank you 

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 21st, 2015 5:04pm

Hi Dave,

Can you please send me (sashan at microsoft.com) the name of the servers and databases in copy. I will followup to answer your question 

Thank you 

July 21st, 2015 8:57pm

Hi Dave,

Thank you 

Hi Dave,

Thank you 

This forum post can be closed. Sasha et al worked some magic on the backend. Don't know the details but it did the trick.
September 11th, 2015 1:59pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics