Data synch cannot find on premise database as reference

Hi guys,

I have read through some of the issues relating to the move over to the new portal for data synch.

While I have issues with this, my main problem seems to be that I cannot use an onsite database as a reference when setting up a new synch group.

The last reference I can see in the messages is that it was fixed - given that I still have this problem, does anyone know if there something I need to run or configure to make local databases "findable" to the synch software?

Peter

June 2nd, 2013 1:56pm

Hi Peter,

First let's make sure the issue you encountered is the same with others which the fix has been rolled out. Is that possible that you can paste some screen shot here? I just want to make sure the exact meaning for "cannot use an onsite database as a reference when setting up a new synch group". Is that means you can not see local database in agent tab? Or you can not find the local database in the drop down list? Anyway, some screen shot should be better.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 3rd, 2013 4:56am

HI Peter,

One thing to mention is that you can only add on-promise db reference into a sync group which created in the same subscription and region as the sync agent which those on-promise db reference registered to.

If you can confirm your case matches above requirement,

please provide your subscription id, sync group id and agent id that I can further dig deep into.

Regards,

Jarod Zhu

June 3rd, 2013 5:08am

Thanks Jaraod/Chao,

Your replies pointed me in the right direction!

It turned out to be the a mix of issues

1) Synch was across subscriptions and so couldn't find the DB I was expecting

2) Different regions

and

3) There is only one synch agent per local machine and/or it cannot synch over multiple subscriptions

Problems solved!

Cheers

Peter

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 5th, 2013 7:57am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics