Data sync failed

I have 3 Azure SQL in East Asia, East US and West Europe. I try to setup data sync group and there is one issue. If I add specific table, I keep getting fail message. Is anyone know how to solve it?

Database re-provisioning failed with the exception "Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CS_AS" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.Inner exception: SqlException Error Code: -2146232060 - SqlError Number:468, Message: Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CS_AS" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation. "    For more information, provide tracing ID 7b0c810e-6b01-470d-9697-a092c08ce73e to customer support.

Jimmy

December 10th, 2013 11:18am

make the collation settings the same... one has CS or Case Sensitive, the other one is Case Insensitive
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 10th, 2013 12:02pm

I have a PK with 4 columns. 2 of them are CI and 1 of them is CS, is this cause the problem?
December 10th, 2013 12:44pm

I have a PK with 4 columns. 2 of them are CI and 1 of them is CS, is this cause the problem?

Hi Vibe,

Yes, if the primary key is a collated column, the SQL Azure Data Sync provisioning process does not create a collation on a primary key column in the destination database even though the collation exists on the column in the source database. In other words, if the primary key column or filter column is set with a collation that is different from the server instance, a compilation time error occurs during sync provision.

For more information about SQL Azure Data Sync (Preview) FAQ, you can review the following article.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsazure/hh667301.aspx

Thanks,
Sof

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 11th, 2013 9:16am

I also have one customer encounterred the same problem. Does MS has plan to make this problem go away for Data Sync? And when will be?

January 9th, 2014 1:58pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics