Data Sync stuck in processing
Can you please delete my data sync? I tried to cancel the data sync, so I could delete it but it has been stuck in processing for almost 24 hours now. The subscription id is 2b362515-3f77-44fc-9803-08334705d01a and the sync group is called DevSyncGroup.
January 27th, 2015 5:35pm

Note: We were getting errors when trying to write to that database, so I had to manually delete the data sync objects from the database, drop our tables, and recreate them in order to resume using the DB. However, the DevSyncGroup still appears in the Azure Management Portal and is stuck in processing, so when possible can you delete this? (I am very sorry I could not wait for a response before taking this action but we were anxious to continue testing.)
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 27th, 2015 8:53pm

Hi CpAtMtb,

Thanks for your information about Sync Group ID and subscription ID.

The Microsoft support engineer will help to solve the problem from backend. Sometime delay might be expected. Your patience is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Besides, any of the following can result in a sync group being stuck in the processing state.

The client agent is offline.

Be sure that the client agent is online then try again.

The client agent is uninstalled or missing.

If the client agent is uninstalled or otherwise missing:

1. Remove agent XML file from the SQL Data Sync (Preview) installation folder if the file exists.

2. Install the agent on same/another on-premise computer, submit the agent key from the portal generated for the agent thats showing offline.

The SQL Data Sync (Preview) service is stopped.

1. In the Start menu, search on Services.

2. Click Services in the Programs section of the search results.

3. Find the SQL Data Sync (Preview) service.

4. If the service status is Stopped right-click the service name and select Start from the dropdown menu.

Reference :  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/hh667321.aspx#ProcessingError

Thanks,
Lydia

January 28th, 2015 6:07am

Hi CpAtMtb,

Thanks for your information about  subscription ID.

The Microsoft support engineer will help to solve the problem from backend. Sometime delay might be expected. Your patience is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Besides, any of the following can result in a sync group being stuck in the processing state.

The client agent is offline.

Be sure that the client agent is online then try again.

The client agent is uninstalled or missing.

If the client agent is uninstalled or otherwise missing:

1. Remove agent XML file from the SQL Data Sync (Preview) installation folder if the file exists.

2. Install the agent on same/another on-premise computer, submit the agent key from the portal generated for the agent thats showing offline.

The SQL Data Sync (Preview) service is stopped.

1. In the Start menu, search on Services.

2. Click Services in the Programs section of the search results.

3. Find the SQL Data Sync (Preview) service.

4. If the service status is Stopped right-click the service name and select Start from the dropdown menu.

Reference :  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/hh667321.aspx#ProcessingError

Thanks,
Lydia

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 28th, 2015 6:07am

Hi,

Could you please also provide the sync group Id? You can find it in "PROPERTIES" tab on portal.

Regards,
Bowen

February 3rd, 2015 5:46am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics