Data Sync - The Sync never completed
We tried the Sync preview - followed the steps in'https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/sql-database-get-started-sql-data-sync/'.  We have two shards (created using Elastic scale).  We tried syncing one of the tables from one database shard to the other.  The Sync went on for ever and we had to cancel the operation.  Tried it with a table with only couple of records just to make sure it is not a problem with the volume of data.  Any ideas on what could have gone wrong would be helpful.
September 4th, 2015 6:48pm

Hi Silverkat,

Could you provide some more details(e.g. SubscriptionId, Server Name, Sync Direction, etc) for further troubleshooting?

Regards,

Gary

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 5th, 2015 12:24am

Since this is a public forum, I would like to not post that info here.  Is it possible for me to send this information in an email or something similar?   
September 8th, 2015 5:29pm

OK, you can send to my mailbox at jiaqz@microsoft.com
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 9th, 2015 10:00am

Hi Gary,

I sent an email to your email address.  I was able to complete the sync yesterday, but then when I tried with a table that contains auto-increment columns, the synchronization failed, with no other information.  I have sent the details to your email address.

September 10th, 2015 2:10pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics