Data Protection Manager 2007 and deleted SharePoint 2007 website/content database
Hello... and thanks in advance for any solution to this problem. I am a newbie to Data Protection Manager, and I've just reconfigured it for the third time. I'm hoping that someone can help me with this issue. I deployed DPM 2007 with no problems. Storage Pools, Protection Groups up and running without issues. I have many recovery points, and consistency checks are looking good. One day I delete an IIS site and also the Content Database, and then DPM goes haywire. I starts to ask for consistency checks, and recreate replicas. During my investigation, I find that it still has the deleted Content database in the SharePoint backup. So, I try and recreate/upgrade the Protection Group (without making a change to the group) and guess what? Same error over and over..... As this rant stops.... Is there a way to make changes with SharePoint and these changes flow to DPM without having this issue? Has anyonecome acrosssteps for this procedure? I did find something about mounting the replicas path, but that didn't work for me...Can someone show me the light?Thanks again !!!!
September 3rd, 2008 6:39pm

Hello, To efficiently resolve the problem, I would like to suggest that you post this in our DPM newsgroup. People there have better knowledge on this and they may share some useful information with you. Newsgroups Data Protection Manager http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/dpm/bb892194.aspx Thank you for your cooperation. Best regards, Chang Yin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 5th, 2008 3:19pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics