Data Collector Reports?
Windows 2008R2 Standard 64bit. I created a user defined perf monitor and it produced a report that has three heading, Windows Trace Report, Application Counters, and Report Statistics last Sept. Then I must have went back and tinkered with it because later reports only have the Windows Trace Report, and Report Statistics. The app counter section was great because it has things like the Mean, the Minimum, and Maximum listed for the counters. Now I'm trying to create a new user defined perf monitor to generate a report that has the App counter category included and I'm struggling. Would someone clue me in on what I need to do to get that App counter category included in the report? If you need more info let me know.
May 19th, 2011 2:41pm

Adding a Performance Counter data collector will give you the Application Counters section of the report. In Perfmon under Data Collector Sets, right-click User Defined, click New, select Create manually (advanced), click Next, and on that next screen that says What type of data do you want to include, make sure you include Performance Counter, because that is what results in the Application Counters section being present in the report. If you already have a data collector set created, right-click its name under User Defined and select New, Data Collector. You'll see What type of data collector would you like to create? and there you select Performance counter data collector. If you are command-line inclined, Logman lets you do this as well. For example, if you had a data collector set named Test1, you could add a Performance Counter data collector with a command like this: logman create counter Test1\Processor -c "\Processor(_Total)\% Processor Time" Logman query shows you the data collectors that are configured and Logman query <data collector name> will show you the properties of a data collector. For example here are the properties of a user-defined data collector set created with the Basic template. The data collector named Performance Counter which is of type Counter is what would result in Application Counters showing up in the report. C:\>logman query Basic_Test1 Name: Basic_Test1 Status: Stopped Root Path: %systemdrive%\PerfLogs\Admin\Basic_Test1 Duration: 60 second(s) Segment: Off Schedules: On Run as: SYSTEM Name: Basic_Test1\Performance Counter Type: Counter Output Location: C:\PerfLogs\Admin\Basic_Test1\<username>_20110521-000001\Performance Counter.blg Append: Off Circular: Off Overwrite: Off Sample Interval: 1 second(s) Counters: \Processor(*)\* Name: Basic_Test1\Configuration Type: Configuration Output Location: C:\PerfLogs\Admin\Basic_Test1\<username>_20110521-000001\Configuration.xml Append: Off Circular: Off Overwrite: Off Network Interfaces: On Registry Entries: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ Name: Basic_Test1\Kernel Trace Type: Trace Output Location: C:\PerfLogs\Admin\Basic_Test1\<username>_20110521-000001\Kernel Trace.etl Append: Off Circular: Off Overwrite: Off Buffer Size: 64 Buffers Lost: 0 Buffers Written: 0 Buffer Flush Timer: 0 Clock Type: Performance File Mode: File Provider: Name: Windows Kernel Trace Provider Guid: {9E814AAD-3204-11D2-9A82-006008A86939} Level: 0 KeywordsAll: 0x0 KeywordsAny: 0x10303 (process,thread,disk,file,net) Properties: 0 Filter Type: 0 The command completed successfully.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 21st, 2011 9:06am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics