DX10 missing
DirectX 10, which I am guessing is required by Vista's games and Windows Photo Gallery, is not present in Longhorn Beta 3. The games I got from a friend with Vista, Windows Photo Gallery I installed from the "Programs and Features" control panel. This may seem like a non-issue, but something should be done: either include DX10 with Longhorn Server or remove Windows Photo Gallery from Longhorn Server.If there is a download available for DX10 so I can enable it in Longhorn Server, or if there is an option that enables it somewhere, I'd love to know. Some people don't have a machine they can dedicate to a beta, you know =P
May 10th, 2007 5:43pm

Fresh install of Longhorn Beta 3 - Enterprise image - dxdiag.exe shows that current DirectX version is 10. Perhaps you are looking for updated video card drivers?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 10th, 2007 8:26pm

Okayyy... this is wierd. I ran dxdiag.exe (I didn't even know such a tool existed) and got DX10. Hmm... but I AM using the latest drivers for my card from nVidia's website for Windows Vista (which Longhorn Server is built from).Would the output of dxdiag.exe help?
May 11th, 2007 2:08am

Sorry - I just gave it a quick look when I checked out your question the first time. A search for files that have "d3d" shows that there are onlylibraries for DirectX 8, 9 and 10 included with Longhorn. I haven't tried to run any games yet, afraid I can't really be of any help there. It looks like they have dropped a lot of legacy baggage this time around.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 11th, 2007 4:57am

Problem is, Windows Photo Gallery isn't legacy... unless Vista is already obsolete!
May 12th, 2007 5:45am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics