DVD ejection

I just completed installation of build 10064.  I am installing on Cisco UCS B200 M4 servers.  A couple of observations.

During installation, I select the volume I will use for the boot volume (using SAN boot).  I delete any existing partitions.  Windows refuses to install because the volume is not formatted as a GPT disk.  There is no way to initialize as a GPT disk.  Will this change?

I mount the disk to another server (2012 R2) and initialize it as GPT.  Remount it to the system.  Installation procedure accepts the GPT formatted disk, but gives a warning about it not being formatted properly.  Initializing on the other system created two partitions.  (When I install into a VM on a 2012 R2 Hyper-V environment, the installation procedure creates four partitions and proceeds without complaint.)  When the installation completes on the physical server, there are three partitions.  Why the difference?

To install, I use the UCS manager KVM with the installation media mounted to a virtual DVD. After installation, I add the GUI to try a couple things. One of the first things I try is to launch Explorer and eject the mounted DVD. Explorer shows it, but right-clicking and selecting Eject does not eject. Anybody else with different hardware have the same issue? Does it eject a physical? How about if you are using virtual media on a different vendor's KVM?

Server Explorer has Music, Pictures, and Videos as quick links.  Those three plus Saved Games are directories under each User directory.  Those really don't belong as defaults in a server product.

When building the VM on Hyper-V 2012 R2, I can successfully install the minimum installation.  When it completes it displays a command window for changing the Administrator password.  When I select the second option (with local admin tools), when it reaches the screen to change the Administrator password, the system locks up after entering the pass

April 23rd, 2015 12:18pm

On Thu, 23 Apr 2015 16:15:45 +0000, Tim Cerling wrote:

I just completed installation of build 10064

10064 is not a publicly released build. If you have legitimate access to
10064 then you should pursue the official support avenues for the programme
which provided you with that access. These forums are not the correct place
to look for support for non-public bu

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 24th, 2015 1:18am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics