DTEXEC - I don't get the data from SQL Package Configurations

I'm running this query

master..xp_cmdshell 'DTEXEC /SQL Post\PostCH_SFTP /DECRYPT Password'
And I get this error

Description: The package path referenced an object that cannot be found: "\Package\Upload.Properties[Disable]". This occurs when an attempt is made to resolve a package path to an object that cannot be found.

\Package\Upload.Properties[Disable]"

This should be taken from SQL Package Configurations. What could I do to be able to get the data from SQL Package Configuration? If I run the package in Data Tools it runs properly.

January 30th, 2015 7:16pm

You may need to run as a different user or better a proxy

thing is it runs under (be default) a built-in account that has no rights to access certain paths. E.g. perhaps you have a file config file in a palce where it cannot be read

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 30th, 2015 7:28pm

Hi Joan,

According to the error message The package path referenced an object that cannot be found: "\Package\Upload.Properties[Disable]". This occurs when an attempt is made to resolve a package path to an object that cannot be found., we can know the issue is related to the value for the property "\Package\Upload.Properties[Disable]" is incorrect.

Based on your query, it seems that you havent specify a value to the property. So the error occurs.

To fix this issue, please specify the value of "\Package\Upload.Properties[Disable]" with  /SET option when you start the package from the command line. The following command line is for your reference:
/SET \Package\Upload.Properties[Disable];"Value"

Reference:
dtexec Utility (SSIS Tool)

Thanks,
Katherine Xiong

February 2nd, 2015 4:56am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics