DS for Campus (several small comapnies)
We are a small IT department, and managing our HP Lefthand Storage | vmware cluster | Citrix environment with alot servers. This was just the basic idea for us to manage . . . but now we are getting other issues to deal.

We have a large terrain with all kind off buildings, connected by a fiber infrastructure. The idea is to give other companies access to our campus area and our network infrastructure.

So in the near future large and small companies will join on the campus and some need all kind of services and others perhaps only Internet access . . . but all companies (people) need to have access to some common data and IT services (like campus wide wifi - campus security - campus access - campus canteen - sharepoint data)
So we need a secure and centralized location for authentication. . . 

Besides this share environment they need access to their own environment ofcourse . . 

It must be a flexible solution, cause perhaps a company can leave the campus in the future and we don't want a big carve out process . .  We are now in the middle of a large carve out, with AD and access issues . . .So it must be flexible . . 

Who can give me some directions or examples how to start this . . .? ? ?
January 8th, 2014 1:17am

You have used a lot of terminilogy but you didn't really provide much detail (Sorry) on what you want.

What specifically do these folks need?  Hosting services?  IIS provisioning?  Internet access? 

When you provide authentication, you are using this to provision access to something.  If they will authenticating to your Wi-Fi it sounds like it is just to get access to your network.  I think it is extremely important you articulate exactly the services you will be providing and the services that the companies themselves will be hosting.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 8th, 2014 8:39am

Hi,

Thank you for your question.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Regards.

January 8th, 2014 11:06am

Below is my advice for your requirement.

1.We can build a forest root domain to whom need all kind of services and give them full control.

2.We can built another domain to whom only Internet access and create one way trust between the two domain according to your needs.

3.As for the last request, all companies (people) need to have access to some common data and IT services (like campus wide wifi - campus security - campus access - campus canteen - sharepoint data), we can built a DFS share to all of them and only give them read permission is OK.

There are several related articles for your reference.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc781771(v=ws.10).aspx

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc740018(v=WS.10).aspx

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727150.aspx

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 9th, 2014 4:44am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics