DSR (Direct Server Return) on Windows 2008 R2
Hi, I'm trying to get DSR working on Windows 2008 R2. This is to provide DNS loadbalancing on our network usig and pair of Citrix Netscaler Appliances. We've used DSR on Windows 2003 to some extent and haven’t had any problems. We also routinely use DSR on Redhat. However, I can't get it to work on Windows 2008 R2. I have found the following instructions, but they still don't seem to work. http://blog.loadbalancer.org/direct-server-return-on-windows-2008-using-loopback-adpter/ Worse still there seems to be something going on which causes the packets to be pushed back to the network so the VIP is hit with 50,000 - 100,000 connections a second (a big giant loop). Any help on this greatly appreciated. Regards, Gareth Robins
June 21st, 2011 5:35am

Are the virtual IP (loopback IP on Windows server) and the real IP (Windows server) on diferent networks. I'm having an issue with routes where: Host A (Windos server) -> real IP (network A) loopback IP (network B) responses to the loopback IP requests work fine but when the server tries to reach another host in network B, it uses the loopback IP instead of the real IP and gets blocked by the companys Firewall.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 8th, 2011 11:00am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics