DSQuery computer -inactive not returning expected results
I am in the process of tidying up our domain ready to migrate from 2003 server to R2, one of the tasks was to run dsquery computer -inactive 12. This produced a number of old machines that the previous admin never removed but more importantly it didn't show some machines that I expected to be there. As an example using AD Explorer, I have a machine with lastlogon & whenchanged of 23/05/2007, pwdLastSet of 21/05/2007 yet it doesn't appear in the output. If I use the -stalepwd switch it does show up. Can anyone shed light on why this doesn't work for me? Thanks Baz
August 18th, 2010 1:36pm

Hello, one working option is to use: http://www.joeware.net/freetools/tools/oldcmp/index.htm For the listed problem it can belong to the lastlogontimestamp attribute which is not replicated to all DCs, if Windows Server 2003 functional level is NOT used. This attribute is used from dsquery when using -inactive switch.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 18th, 2010 8:39pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics