DSCP markings on Windows 2003 server
Hello. I need to mark all outgoing packets from my Windows Server 2003 SP2 with a DSCP value of 37. In order to do that, I have taken the below steps : 1) Install the QoS Packet Scheduler. 2) Create the QoSEnabled DWORD value in the registry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\RTC\Transport\ with value = 1. 3) Change DSCP values using gpedit.msc 4) Did a Gpupdate.exe /target:computer /force 5) Verified that the DSCP value has taken effect in HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Psched\DiffservByteMappingConforming registry. 6) Created a DisableUserTOSSetting DWORD entry in the HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\TcpIp\Parameters registry entry. Set the value to 0. 7) Enabled QOS on my HP NC7782 NIC cards THese are the resources I have used: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc795476%28EXCHG.80%29.aspx I still see the a DSCP value of 0 in all my outgoing packets. Any suggestions? Would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!!
January 12th, 2011 12:56am

Where are you performing the packet capture to view the packets? On the host or on an upstream device? Network switches and IP phones can be configured to strip QoS markings on untrusted ports so that's one thing I'd consider.Matt W. CCNP, CCDA, CCNA-S, RHCT, MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, A+
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 12th, 2011 5:14pm

Hi Matt, I am performing the packet capture on the host itself - checking on the packets leaving the NICs. So, this is before any switches\routers come into play. Thanks, Satish
January 12th, 2011 10:08pm

Any suggestions about this? Is there anything I am missing?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 20th, 2011 7:05pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics