DPM storage server (2007) with not configure properly on desktop/workstation computers (running XP or Vista)
DPM storage server (2007) with not configure properly on desktop/workstation computers (running XP or Vista)Even if I turn off the firewall to complete a pushed install, when I try to browse the client to create a new backup set I just get the hourglass and then finally this: DPM cannot browse computer.network.local because the host is unreachable. 1) Make sure that computer.network.localis online and remotely accessible from the DPM server.2) If a firewall is enabled on computer.network.local, make sure that it is not blocking requests from the DPM server. ID: 31Details: The network path was not foundDoes anybody have any suggestions? I could understand if I had to open a few ports, but for the test I disabled the Windows firewall service....
February 5th, 2010 11:39am

Hello,According to the description, the issue seems to be related to System Center Data Protection Manager. As we mainly focus on the General question about Windows Server system and here is not the best support resource for SCDPM. If you have further question about System Center Data Protection Manager, you may consider initializing a new thread in System Center Data Protection Manager Community. You may also report the corresponding issue there, as the engineer and community members are more familiar with it and can help you in a more efficient way. System Center Data Protection Manager Communityhttp://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/dpm/bb737891.aspx Hope the issue will be resolved soon.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 8th, 2010 5:51am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics