DNS server loses ptr records reverse
Good morning, i´ve got a prob with my dns server. In periodical intervals some PTR records are lost. I don´t have an imagination how i can solve this problem. I checked up some manuals in the WWW - there are infos it could be, that my dns server clean up entries. I looked up in my dns configuration and validate, that there is no option about cleaning reverse entries activated. Could anybody help me? Thanks in advance!
August 10th, 2010 10:06am

Hi, Thanks for the post. Let's check the following settings: 1. Open DNS management. 2. Right click the reverse lookup zone and click Properties. 3. Click Aging button. 4. Set both options to 7 days and uncheck the box of Scavenge stale resource records and click OK. 5. Restart the DNS service and manually create the PTR record. Please monitor the DNS server to check if the new PTR record will be lost. Meanwhile, please collect the MPSReport for further research. 1. Download proper MPS Report tool from the website below. Microsoft Product Support Reports http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=CEBF3C7C-7CA5-408F-88B7-F9C79B7306C0&displaylang=en 2. Double-click to run it, if requirement is not met, please follow the wizard to download and install them. After that, click Next, when the "Select the diagnostics you want to run" page appears, select "General", “Internet and Networking”, “Business Networks”, “Server Components”, click Next. 3. After collecting all log files, choose "Save the results", choose a folder to save <Computername>MPSReports.cab file. For your convenience, I have created a workspace for you. You can upload the information files to the following link. (Please choose "Send Files to Microsoft") Workspace URL: (https://sftasia.one.microsoft.com/choosetransfer.aspx?key=17ccc274-dd73-451e-9c0b-2ec41570f28f) Password: 9C-2!pSm-- Note: Due to differences in text formatting with various email clients, the workspace link above may appear to be broken. Please be sure to include all text between '(' and ')' when typing or copying the workspace link into your browser. Thanks, MilesPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 10th, 2010 12:14pm

Thanks for help @Zhang. Now it´s OK!
August 10th, 2010 3:50pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics